Are you thrilled by new technology? Do you love Google products? Do you want to bring new opportunities to your university and your peers? Do your friends say you’re a natural leader? If so, the Google Students Ambassador Program may be perfect for you!
Through the Students Ambassador Program, you become a liaison between Google and your university. Ambassadors plan and host several events during the school year, introduce students to new Google products and features and act as a campus contact for Google teams.
Google Student Ambassadors may
- Work closely with local Google teams
- Host and organize events to bring awareness about Google’s products and brand
- Spread the word about competitions, training opportunities, scholarships and other events
- Attend Google events as a Google representative
- Help Google to better understand your campus’ culture
- Build relationships on campus with faculty and student groups
- Test products and features
- Promote product use and new product launches to students
- Be a source of knowledge for your university about Google products
- Spread Google goodwill to your fellow students
What are the qualifications?
This opportunity is currently by invitation only and is open to students at university. Google MENA Student Ambassadors must be:
- Currently enrolled in a college or university in the Middle East or North Africa
- Pursuing a BA/BS or MS degree
- Passionate about technology
- Able to plan events and manage a budget
- Actively involved in student life on campus
What is the time commitment?
- One academic school year
- Approx. five hours per month
- Three to four events per year
As a Google Student Ambassador, you will:
- Receive regular updates about exciting new Google products / features, programs and announcements
- Enhance your professional development, leadership, technical and communication skills
- Be eligible to participate in special Google events, product trainings and be considered for local internships
- Exchange best practices with Ambassadors from other schools and disciplines
- Add the Google Student Ambassador Program experience to your resume
- Get your own Google SWAG
Sounds great, how do I apply?
To apply, you should:
- Preferably be a second or third year student at your university.
- Write an Essay on one of these topics:
- Computer Science and Engineering students should choose among:Mobile applications (SMS and Mobile Web), Local Content & Localization, Cloud Computing or Open Source, explaining “How these Technologies can become an integral part of our lives in the Arab World.”
- Business and Economic students should choose among:Social Networks, Digital Agencies, Online Advertising or Online Banking Services, explaining “How these Services and Trends can contribute to a healthy online business eco-system in the Arab World.”
- Write a motivation letter on why you want to be an Ambassador, what you can change in your Country through learning new technical skills and how using Google tools could help your university.
- Provide a short statement from your Professor or Head of Department confirming your name, level and area of study.
- Add your Essay, Motivation letter and Professor/Head of Department statement to the registration form by Saturday, April 30. Accepted students will be informed by mid May 2011.
If you are a professor / lecturer / TA, please help spreading the word on campus and help your students identify the potential of becoming a Google student ambassador for the university – feel free to ask for posters and fliers to be placed on your campus from Google Student Ambassador Program Team.